Saturday, September 15, 2007

50th Annual Beaverton Celebration Parade

Here is my original message to my fellow Royal Rosarians:

-------------- Original message --------------
From: "Kilong Ung"

My Fellow Royal Rosarians,

The U.S. flag has a profound meaning to me. It is my constant reminder of where I came from, where I am, where I am going and what legacy I will leave. Like many Americans, I don't always agree with the U.S. policies, but I am always proud to be an American. I hold the flag in a very special place in my heart.

This weekend, September 15, 2007, we, the Royal Rosarians, the Goodwill Ambassadors of the City of Portland will march in the 50th Annual Beaverton Celebration Parade. This march will be very special to me for these reasons:

  1. I will be carrying the U.S. flag in honor of the two millions Cambodians died as a result of the Khmer Rouge genocide
  2. I will march in memories of the 9/11 victims and heroes
  3. I will march with my thoughts on those who are still struggling around the world
  4. I will march among my friends, the Royal Rosarians

I would be extremely honored, if one of you would step forward and carry the Oregon flag. You may dedicate it to the victims and heroes of 9/11... (or to what/whoever most profound to you). Either way, you would be giving me a profound honor by contacting Sir Knight Rob Hungerford to let him know that you would like to carry the Oregon flag.

I am looking forward to the parade and to the Prime Minister's Inaugural Ball.

Sir Knight Kilong Ung
http://www.kilongung.com http://www.kilong-ung.blogspot.com
Leverage the past, ameliorate the present, shape the future, and leave a legacy.
-------------- End of original message --------------


Sir Knight Gordon V. Walker has volunteered to carry the Oregon flag. Here’s an excerpt from his email to me:

“Your email was very moving, and I have just talked with Rob and will have the honor of marching beside you this Saturday. Thank you for the opportunity and look forward to seeing you there.”

I hope you are as inspired as Sir Knight Walker and come out to Beaverton to join me celebrate the 50th Annual Beaverton Celebration Parade at 10am on Saturday, September 15th, 2007. I encourage you to dedicate your celebration to your profound something or someone – e.g., 9/11, Katrina, tsunami victims, hunger, peace, etc.